5th Student Symposium
International Burch University
Partners of the Symposium: British Council and Student Parliament of IBU
MULTIDISCIPLINARY TOPICS IN HUMANITIES, SOCIAL, AND NATURAL SCIENCES
Sarajevo, April 23, 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
International Burch University is pleased to announce that the 5th Student Symposium: MULTIDISCIPLINARY TOPICS IN HUMANITIES, SOCIAL, AND NATURAL SCIENCES is going to be held in Sarajevo (BiH) on 23rd April 2018. We invite you to submit papers (Paper Submission Guidelines) or posters (Poster Guidelines) that investigate some of the following topics within the fields of humanities, social, and natural sciences:
Faculty of Education and Humanities:
- General Linguistics (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics)
- Applied linguistics (bilingualism, language assessment, language pedagogy, second language acquisition, discourse analysis etc.)
- Language Teaching (English for Specific Purposes, TESOL, TEFL etc.)
- Literature (Literary History, Literary Criticism, Approaches to Literature, Poetry, Literary Genres etc.)
- Other topics related to education
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences:
- Management and Marketing (including: information systems in management, organizations, operations and manufacturing management, social media marketing, marketing measurement and analysis)
- Economics and Finances (including: accounting, economic theory and policy, finances, tourism)
- Law (including: business law, constitutional law, EU law, international law, private law, public law)
- Political Science and International Politics (including: communications and journalism, crime and security, EU integration and EU enlargement, international relations, sociology, political theory and philosophy, public policy)
Faculty of engineering and Natural Sciences:
- Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Math (including: Genetics, Molecular biology, Applied Physics, Mechanics, Optical Physics, Nuclear Physics, Radiation Physics, Organic Chemistry, Algebra, Combinatorics, Math Analysis)
- Civil Engineering and Architecture (including: Environmental engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering,, Mining Engineering, Transport Engineering, Water Resources Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering and IT (including: Electronics, Computer Engineering, Power Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Web Development, Signal Processing, Embedded Systems)
- Mechanical Engineering (including: Acoustical Engineering, Manufacturing, Optomechanical Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Sports Engineering, Vehicle Engineering, Power-plant Engineering, Energy)
- Interdisciplinary (including: Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Energy Engineering, Applied Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Nanoengineering, Biological Engineering, Building services Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics, Machine Learning)
The official language of the symposium is English. The presentations and abstracts can be submitted in English, Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian. Poster presentations will be also organized in poster sessions for those participants who wish to present their work that way.
We accept only the papers not published or considered for publishing elsewhere.
Students may submit the maximum of two abstracts as authors or co-authors. The fee for the second presentation will be reduced.
Topic: Web-based Learning Environment in Education
Dr. María Fernández Raga Dr. José Antonio Resines Gordaliza
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS*
The abstract can be sent EITHER via mail to [email protected] using the ABSTRACT FORM OR online at www.edu.ibu.edu.ba/student-symposium. If sending via email please include StuS 2018 Abstract in the Subject Line of your email. To access the abstract guidelines, click HERE.
Due date for the submission of abstracts: April 8, 2018.
* Abstracts have to be written in the English, Bosnian, Croatian, or Serbian language.
The fee will be paid at the registration on 23 April 2018 from 9.00 to 10-30 a.m.
The full registration fee for the registered participant includes:
- Admission to all sessions
- Refreshments during the breaks
- Symposium program
- Symposium bag
- Certificate of attendance
- Prizes for some presenters
|April 8, 2018||Deadline for the submission of abstracts|
|April 12, 2018||Selected abstract announcements|
|April 23, 2018||Beginning of the registration, opening ceremony|
|April 23, 2018||Closing ceremony|
|May 20, 2018||Deadline for the submission of full papers|
|July 15, 2018||Selected paper publication|
Assist. Prof. Dr. Vildana Dubravac, International Burch University, BiH Assist. Prof. Dr. Amna Brdarević Čeljo, International Burch University, BiH
To contact the chairpersons please email [email protected]