7th International Symposium
organized by International Burch University (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
MULTIDISCIPLINARY TOPICS IN HUMANITIES, SOCIAL AND NATURAL SCIENCES
Sarajevo, April 9, 2020
CALL FOR PAPERS
International Burch University is pleased to announce that the 7th International Symposium: MULTIDISCIPLINARY TOPICS IN HUMANITIES, SOCIAL AND NATURAL SCIENCES is going to be held in Sarajevo (BiH) on 9th April 2020. We invite you to submit papers (Paper submission guidelines) or posters (Poster guidelines), which can be presented either online via video link or in person, and which investigate some of the following topics within the fields of humanities, social and natural sciences:
Faculty of Education and Humanities:
- General Linguistics (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics)
- Applied linguistics (bilingualism, language assessment, language pedagogy, second language acquisition, discourse analysis etc.)
- Language Teaching (English for Specific Purposes, TESOL, TEFL etc.)
- Literature (Literary History, Literary Criticism, Approaches to Literature, Poetry, Literary Genres etc.)
- Other topics related to education
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences:
- Management and Marketing (including: information systems in management, organizations, operations and manufacturing management, social media marketing, marketing measurement and analysis)
- Economics and Finances (including: accounting, economic theory and policy, finances, tourism)
- Law (including: business law, constitutional law, EU law, international law, private law, public law)
- Political Science and International Politics (including: communications and journalism, crime and security, EU integration and EU enlargement, international relations, sociology, political theory and philosophy, public policy)
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences:
- Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Math (including: Genetics, Molecular biology, Applied Physics, Mechanics, Optical Physics, Nuclear Physics, Radiation Physics, Organic Chemistry, Algebra, Combinatorics, Math Analysis)
- Civil Engineering and Architecture (including: Environmental engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering,, Mining Engineering, Transport Engineering, Water Resources Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering and IT (including: Electronics, Computer Engineering, Power Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Web Development, Signal Processing, Embedded Systems)
- Mechanical Engineering (including: Acoustical Engineering, Manufacturing, Optomechanical Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Sports Engineering, Vehicle Engineering, Power-plant Engineering, Energy)
- Interdisciplinary (including: Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Energy Engineering, Applied Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Nanoengineering, Biological Engineering, Building services Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics, Machine Learning)
The official language of the symposium is English. The presentations and abstracts can be submitted in English, Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian. Poster presentations will be also organized in poster sessions for those participants who wish to present their work that way.
We accept only the papers not published or considered for publishing elsewhere.
Students may submit the maximum of two abstracts as authors or co-authors. The fee for the second presentation will be reduced
Gordana Anđelić-Galić, a contemporary BiH artist.
Prof. Željka Babić, full professor in the field of English Language, University of Banja Luka, Faculty of Philology, Department of English.
Vanja Ibrahimbegović-Tihak, a passionate media literacy educator and advocate for 7 years now.
Hamdija Pašić is an award-winning creative director at the marketing and advertising agency Communis in Sarajevo.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS*
Due date for application and abstract submission: April 1, 2020.
If you have any questions related to the symposium, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
*Abstracts have to be written in the English, Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian language.
|Participants studying in Bosnia and Herzegovina||20 KM|
|Participants studying outside Bosnia and Herzegovina||40 €|
For presentation to be held in person, the fee will be paid at the registration on 9 April 2020 from 9.00 to 10.30 a.m. For online registration please contact the chairpersons ([email protected]) for more details.
|April 1, 2020||Deadline for the submission of abstracts|
|April 5, 2020||Selected abstract announcements|
|April 9, 2020||Beginning of the registration, opening ceremony|
|April 9, 2020||Closing ceremony|
|June 15, 2020||Deadline for the submission of full papers|
|June 30, 2020||Selected paper publication|
Assist. Prof. Dr. Vildana Dubravac, International Burch University, BiH
Assist. Prof. Dr. Amna Brdarević Čeljo, International Burch University, BiH
To contact the chairpersons please email [email protected]